I’ve switched away from konqueror about half a year ago as the amount of sites that weren’t working quite properly became too many and too important (like our internal wiki and ticketing at work). Konqi was also getting kinda slow back then. I never had the time and energy to pursue any of the problems as switching to something else was simply much easier and less time-consuming. Since then I’ve used Chrome, but I’ve always missed some things like kwallet-integration, re-using my existing konqi-bookmarks and it annoys me that it installs a deb-repo without asking.
After having read and heard quite some good things about rekonq I decided to try it out yesterday. And basically I’m sold :) It renders the pages I’m using regularly properly (as its also webkit under the hood), it supports my web-shortcuts (and I didn’t have to set them up to begin with), it reads my old konqi bookmarks and also has the developer-features. There are only 2 things keeping me from switching to it as my default: It only runs on 1 out of 3 machines as it needs Qt4.6, this is something that’ll be resolved over time. And it currently has an annoying behaviour that gives me an error page if some http-request fails, even if that request was made from an iframe, which completely breaks using it with our ticketing system (bugreport filed already).
So yeah, I’ll keep a close eye on rekonq as I’d really love to switch back to a kde-based browser – I even already wrote a chrome-json-bookmarks to xbel converter to get my chrome bookmarks back into kbookmarks.
Yeah, thats right, I just replaced the original repo content on gitorious.org via a forced-push with a newly generated repo. This was necessary as I missed a conversion-error from the svn2git rules earlier which screwed up the checked-out content of the repository.
I’ve decided to do a forced push instead of trying to fix up things manually as only few (if any) people have a checkout of the repo currently and those that do should be able to follow the below steps to fix their local clones.
Basically all you need to do is fetch the changes and then reset your master branch to the new origin/master commit. This can be done by using:
git checkout master
git reset –hard 0b8e32f7955665cbbab4b297c464857b477b877b
If you had local branches before, then for each of those local branches the following should work to apply them against the new master (didn’t test that though):
git checkout localbranch
git rebase master
I hope this doesn’t cause too much trouble for anybody.
Wow, I haven’t blogged this much in quite a while…
This will be a relatively short announcement that kdevelop, kdevplatform, quanta and the two php plugins have been moved to gitorious.org. This will allow us to work on features more easily and hopefully also help us get the next release finished before another 2 years passed by :)
So if you’ve checked out KDevelop&Co from Subversion trunk/extragear/sdk then please look at the above link to find the respective git-clone urls. The compilation instructions stay the same otherwise.
I’ll be deleting the svn account in a few minutes and replace it with README’s pointing everybody here.
Those reading the dot regularly will already know it, the final release of KDevelop 4.0 is out. For more extensive information what it includes I suggest you read the dot story.
It only took us 3 years to get there and I think what we’ve accomplished is quite amazing. And its just the beginning, we have various ideas how to further continue with KDevelop and bring you even more cool features and improvements. As I already blogged there’s two GSoC project with much potential related to KDevelop.