I decided to setup dovecot on my local boxes to easily share them between mutt and KMail (need mutt for remote access), which meant to rename all maildirs in $HOME/.Mail into .<box> to make it possible to see them over imap – what a broken convention :(
Unfortunately I didn’t pay too close attention to the renaming command and did something like
find -type d | xargs mv $i .$i
so I lost all mail :(
Backup to the rescue, I though – yeah doing that every week. Then the horror scenario: The backup disc ran out of space last time I did a back in August – AAAAAH :(
So any mail I received between august and today is lost, including some pretty important private stuff. Lesson learned, am already repartitioning the backup pc so the backup disc has more space.